Job Title: Account Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Regional/Local GM or Director of Accounts
Location(s): Washington, DC
Travel: 40% Local client Visits
The Account Manager is responsible for managing relationships for an assigned set of existing customers and for providing the highest level of customer experience. Account Managers are also responsible for coordinating client requests and resolution of issues/escalations to ensure client needs are addressed and solutions offered. Main responsibilities include customer retention, customer education on potential solutions, renewals, upsell/growth and customer lifecycle management. The Account Managers work in conjunction with our Project Managers (Services) and our Collections Managers (Storage) to ensure a best in class experience for our customers leading to increased retention and growth.
- Maintaining CRM to manage leads and all data associated with client request, including insights or discoveries that need to be shared with our Project Managers and Collections Managers
- Manage and develop relationships with clients through positive and informative interactions
- Establish productive, professional relationships with clients and proactively assess, clarify, and validate client needs on an ongoing basis to generate and increase revenue
- Partner with sales and other team members to create solutions that meet customer needs
- Liaise and collaborate with internal teams, including Sales and Development, Project Managers [PMs], Collections Managers [CCs], Client Services Administrators [CSAs], and other key personnel including our Operations Subject Matter Experts [SME]
- Actively grow industry relationships to gain marketplace intelligence
- Liaise with the Client Services Administrator on all billing and estimation inquiries
- Communicate with client post-completion of projects to ensure satisfaction and determine any areas for improvement
- Generate revenue by upselling and referral/cross selling within the account
- Support the Regional General Manager in driving revenue, customer experience while monitoring account health, engagement levels, and opportunity
- Exceed customer expectations via responsiveness, providing insights, marketplace knowledge, resolving issues
- Utilize internal relationships to provide seamless account management, a united front to customers and ultimately enable the ability to quickly respond to customer requests or escalations
- Evaluate account performance, develop short and long-term strategies and discuss/act upon optimization opportunities
- Maintain functional knowledge of new features, products and initiatives across Crozier, Adjacent Businesses and Iron Mountain
- Responsible for researching escalated service and billing issues to ensure all appropriate actions by other parties are being taken to resolve issue and ensure follow through until closure and complete customer satisfaction.
- Conduct analysis such as customer needs analysis, service or solution gap analysis, compliance assessments and customer issue trends. Identify risks and lead action in directing internal and external teams in issue resolution/corrective actions.
- Facilitate account terminations including identifying reason for closure, defining possible solutions to customer issues to lead to retention, negotiating account closure procedures and prices if retention efforts are not successful
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- 2-4 years’ experience in an Account or Project Management role
- Knowledge of inventory management systems, Salesforce and International Shipping
- Passion for all things art related, including the latest market trends and developments
- Proven team player with a track record of strong client and account management
- Strategic thinker who is solutions-oriented and proactive in problem solving
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across several teams and departments
- Core business knowledge and understanding of back-end processes
- Financial acumen, with an ability to understand pipelines and forecasts
- Strong work ethic with an ability to manage workload while efficiently and effectively prioritizing responsibilities to meet deadlines and deliver results
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong relationship-building skills, interpersonal skills; client-centric attitude
- Proven experience in building client portfolios
- Self-starter; ability to work very independently, but also fit into a strong team environmen
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
95% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
5% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: 4-Year College Degree
Minimum Experience: 3+ Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: Less than 2 years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.