Art Handling Specialist / Driver
Job Title: Art Handling Specialist / Driver
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Location(s): Los Angeles / Inglewood, Washington, DC, Boston, Miami / Fort Lauderdale, New York City / Long Island City
Schedule: varies (may include nights and weekends)
Travel: frequent local travel and occasional overnight travel
Art Handling Specialists/Drivers are responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, in transit and during onsite projects. This position will also provide leadership and guidance during projects while acting as liaison between clients and company managers.
- Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
- Install/de-install artworks during onsite projects using proper techniques and tools
- Load/unload trucks to ensure safe transit
- Plan the organization and packing of trucks to ensure utmost safety of objects during transit
- Conduct inspection reports for various types of art objects
- Lead a team; provide guidance and coaching during projects
- Act as liaison while onsite between clients and company management
- Determine strategy for projects, particularly when senior staff are not onsite
- Safely operate company vehicle and transport artwork to locations in and around tristate area
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, DOT regulations
- Perform all required truck inspections
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art and/or design
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials
- Ability to speak effectively to clients and coworkers
- Strong attention to detail, discretion, and follow-through
- Must be a team player, with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- 2 + years driving experience within the fine arts transportation or specialized removals industry
- Must be able to safely operate 26-ft box truck, at minimum
- Valid driver’s license / CDL license not required but beneficial
- Clean personal and previous employment driving recordlifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
5% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
95% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: Must have valid driver’s license / CDL not required but beneficial
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.