Job Title: Collections Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location(s): New York City / Chelsea
The Collections Manager is responsible for the client’s stored inventory, the movements, tracking and safety of their artwork, as well as coordinating the execution of services and projects for Crozier’s clients. This is a client facing role and plays an integral part in the collection management process managing both internal and external movement, in addition to the correct inventorying of artwork upon arrival.
- Develop, maintain and grow trusted relationships with clients while seeking opportunities to grow accounts and revenue
- Execution of services and requests for clients, working alongside our Account Managers and Project Managers as a client-facing member of the team
- Liaise between clients and cross-functional internal teams of Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure timely and successful delivery of Crozier’s services (storage and movement of artwork) according to the clients’ needs
- Perform site visits and client visits, to assess and evaluate the project to determine scope, risk and timeline
- Utilize a consultative approach to develop an estimate addressing client’s business needs
- Monitor services scheduled and project timeline, update client and account manager regarding any changes in scope, particularly as they deviate from original estimate
- Schedule and coordinate artwork movements internally (i.e. private viewings) and externally (i.e. domestic shipping)
- Verify and ensure accuracy on all necessary paperwork – contract creation and modifications, waybill documentation, proper crate labeling, shipping paperwork, etc.
- Maintain the CRM account of the client noting bailment and relevant movements of artworks
- Keep all CRM data on leads and projects updated so that our pipeline is as accurate as possible
- Inventory management:
- Participate in the physical inventory of high volume and high value requests
- Support operations team to accept inbound deliveries
- Ensure client’s inventory is labeled and assigned correctly both physically and within our inventory management system
- Implement standards for inventory management across Crozier facilities
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- 2-4 years’ experience in a project coordinator/manager role
- Knowledge of inventory management systems and Salesforce
- Knowledge and passion for all things art related, including the latest industry advancements
- Proven team player with a track record of strong project coordination/management
- In-depth knowledge of Crozier’s full suite of services
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across several teams/departments
- Strong work ethic with an ability to manage workload while efficiently and effectively prioritizing responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Exceptional diligence and attention to detail as well as resourcefulness and quick, practical thinking in a demanding environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Strategic thinker who is solutions-oriented and proactive in problem solving
- Salesforce CRM and International Shipping experience recommended, but not required
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
95% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
5% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: 4-Year College Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.