Job Title: Executive Assistant
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Reports To: Senior Vice President & GM
Location(s): New York City / Chelsea
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide executive support to the COO and SVP - GM North America, Crozier and their senior management team. Crozier, as part of Iron Mountain Adjacent Business group, is a newly established organization within Iron Mountain. In addition to Crozier, the Adjacent Business function includes Consumer Storage and Iron Mountain Entertainment Services. The primary goal of this role is to enable the SVP and COO to be as productive and effective as possible through direct support and coordinating and/or supporting the broader leadership team of Crozier indirectly as needed.
This position requires strong oral and written communications skills and an ability to think independently to address and solve day-to-day planning and tactical issues and longer-term project-based initiatives. A broad understanding of art, auctions and museums will be beneficial. Key activities focus on managing calendar and commitments, handling executive logistics, editing and building presentation materials, taking on special projects and providing other types of executive support. The position requires a level of technological savvy to manage and interact with some bespoke systems and databases. Conducting and managing CMR Data driven research and communicating outcomes to relevant teams will also be required.
The EA will be a high initiative, conscientious, organized, collaborative and resourceful go-getter, who can lighten the administrative load of the leadership team. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact for the SVP and COO for the organization and will be called upon to proactively manage issues and “connect the dots” in anticipating needs while developing approaches that reduce the time spent by the COO and SVP on administrative related issues.
A successful candidate will be able to manage a wide variety of situations and tasks including, but not limited to:
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks with precision and against tight deadlines.
- Manage, logically organize and execute the principals’ calendars; coordinate schedules within the Crozier / Iron Mountain organization and across the leadership team; and manage scheduling and logistics associated with external customer, partner and third-party engagements
- Ensure Smartsheet communication between Crozier Senior Management Team is actioned on weekly basis
- Prepare expense reports in a detailed and timely manner
- Perform approvals, data management and entry, and other coordinating actions across multiple systems (e.g.payroll, inventory, training, logistics, compliance)
- Drive cadence of Crozier internal communications for Principals and Crozier Senior management team
- Develop cost-effective travel plans and meeting arrangements that often include complicated itineraries, visa/passport coordination; briefing documents/backgrounders, contact information, etc. needed for upcoming meetings
- Coordinate meetings, events and briefings
- Managing incoming email and requests for principals’ time
- Senior Team, Project and Meeting Planning & Coordination
- For projects – prioritize conflicting requests, independently and proactively handle matters, follow through on projects to successful completion, all while recognizing frequent deadline pressures
- Manage progress against open items/required actions; ensure follow up activities are completed on time with high quality deliverables
- Develop art market awareness, connect new opportunities to CRM campaigns and follow up
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on issues and concerns addressed to the Principals, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Will be expected to handle highly confidential information with discretion. Compose, prepare and edit correspondence that may be confidential in nature, communicate accordingly
- Represent the Crozier and AB Organization and build relationships with key stakeholders in the Crozier, AB and Iron Mountain Core Business.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the Principals to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; follow up as necessary
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities and events often with limited direction and/or oversight
- Make empowered decisions representing the Principals
- Manage the internal communications for the Crozier organization and liaise with the AB EA and Comms lead.
- Conduct outreach, structure contracts and close negotiations with outside firms and vendors
- Serve as back-up for the other Executive Assistants
- Ensure close co-ordination, minutes and actionable support for Crozier Senior Management Team
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
At the heart of this role lies an extremely organized and detailed individual. The appropriate candidate for this position must possess a number of qualities. S/he will be:
- Discrete in handling confidential data for the Principals and other members of the senior management team
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with a sense of urgency and minimal direction
- Experienced in the commercial art world, abreast of current market / curatorial developments
- Flexible and proficient in handling multiple tasks over the course of the day
- Forward thinking, self-starter, and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Poised and tactful in communicating internally with Senior Management and wider teams and externally with business partners and investors (via telephone, email and in person)
- Possess good judgment when prioritizing and committing the Principals time
- Most importantly, the EA must be an excellent communicator and relationship builder. In an organization that values and relies on relationships to ‘get things done,’ the EA will help the Principals navigate the organization by building genuine relationships and knowing who to call and when to call them. S/he will be a cooperative back-up for the other EAs and willing to take direction from multiple stakeholders.
- 5+ years of executive administrative support experience, ideally in a client services environment, with a minimum of three years supporting EVP level or above–preferably C-level executive(s)
- Global company experience
- Fluent in MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); comfortable with new technology and applications (e.g., Oracle, Workday, Salesforce.com). Knowledge of MS SharePoint a plus
- bachelor’s degree preferred
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
95% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
0% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: 4-Year College Degree
Minimum Experience: 3+ Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.