Job Title: Logistics Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: General Manager
Location(s): New York City / Long Island City
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the daily oversight and management of the local transportation operations. They are also responsible for responsive and efficient client service by leading and coaching a high-performance team and complying with federal, state, and Crozier/Iron Mountain regulations. The Logistics Manager must have the ability to synchronize all aspects of transportation functions with other operations functions within Crozier. Note: This role also functionally (dotted line) reports into Director of Transportation.
- Manage daily transportation operations in an effective manner to meet or exceed established goals around production, service levels and quality metrics
- Develop, utilize and obtain expert level proficiency in daily operations reporting and interpret results into meaningful action
- Drive margin by controlling costs through review of reports on OT and service levels. Analyze and understand budget variance within transportation; investigate and problem solve questionable data/reporting. Review reports, make recommendations for changes to improve financial performance
- Assign and maintain oversight for incoming estimate requests
- Assign and coordinate the planning and execution of projects with the Logistics Supervisors (Dispatchers) and Senior Art Handlers (Crew Chiefs)
- Liaise and conduct de-brief with Senior Handlers, Dispatchers, and Project Managers, particularly following large-scale projects
- Provide guidance and support to Dispatchers to ensure consistent policies and procedures are in place for safe, efficient operations
- Supervise dispatch and art handler/driver teams by motivating, developing, training, counseling, coaching, writing disciplinary action, reviews and terminations
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), career development, and performance processes for transportation team, with specific emphasis on identifying, developing, and retaining talent
- Collaborate with management and HR teams in recruiting of new talent
- Process and approve payroll and time off requests
- Oversee timely billing of all projects and daily activity
- Ensure safety and security procedures are effectively communicated and adhered to
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional proven leadership ability, preferred history of managing large teams
- Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Must be knowledgeable of client base to make quick and efficient decisions
- Preferred, but not required: strong working knowledge of art logistics, including current packing, handling, storage, and transportation methods and materials/equipment
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
95% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
5% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.