Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Location(s): Washington, DC
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for daily oversight of transportation operations to ensure that high levels of service, production and quality metrics are achieved. They must plan staffing levels to ensure adequate coverage and communicate effectively with front line employees regarding change procedures, initiatives and program rollouts.
- Manage schedule and assign crew members for incoming project requests, with an emphasis on maximizing workflow efficiency of trucks and labor skill set
- Field incoming estimates from Project Managers to find the most cost-effective method to complete projects
- Accountable for variances to plan for all route performance and ensures that most effective routes are being used
- Responsible for the direct leadership of the art handlers and drivers. Provide front level leadership over transportation operations processes and ensures that all projects are executed with excellence
- Collaborate with other dispatchers to ensure consistent policies and procedures are in place for safe, efficient operations
- Solve problems as it relates to the day-to-day operational workflow
- Communicate to Project Managers the timing and completion of jobs
- Supervise field operations staff including art handlers & drivers, by training, counseling, coaching, writing disciplinary action and reviews. Process and approve payroll and time off requests
- Monitor skill level of crew members and ensure that necessary training courses are scheduled
- Collaborate with management and HR teams in recruiting of new art handlers/drivers
- Ensure safety and security procedures are effectively communicated and adhered to
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of art logistics, including current packing, handling, storage, and transportation methods and materials/equipment
- Thorough knowledge of transportation in the tri-state, NYC metro area
- Must be knowledgeable of client base to make quick and efficient decisions
- Familiarity with cargo load plans for trucks
- Proven leadership ability
- Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
75% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
25% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: Less than 2 years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.