Museum Relocation Aircraft Specialist (part-time)
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Reports To: Museum Relocation Site Manager
Location(s): Washington, DC
Reporting to the Museum Relocation Site Manager, and under the supervision of a Senior Aircraft Specialist, the Aircraft Specialist will be responsible for the disassembly, reassembly, and movement of large aerospace artifacts during a major museum relocation project. The Aircraft Specialist will ensure that large artifact project tasks are completed in a manner that is safe, efficient, and meets project deadlines.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
Applicant must have the following experience and skills:
- Modern aerospace technology with an emphasis on missiles, rockets and space craft.
- Experience in assembling, disassembling aircraft and movement of airframes and aircraft engines.
- Experience working with all types of aircraft construction materials including wood, fabric, metal and composites.
- Work within defined quality standards to ensure timely work completion
- Willingness to seek out opportunities to build new skills and develop work quality
- Be able to adapt to changing tasks and project requirements on short notice
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Read and understand aircraft blueprints and technical data
- Be familiar with the safe use of basic tools and equipment
- Maintain safe, clean, and orderly conditions in assigned work area
- Be able to work off manlifts as needed
- Be able to periodically work night shift or weekends. This work will be coordinated and scheduled well in advance
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license
- Equivalent experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician or in a restoration setting
- Minimum 4 years’ experience
- Be able to complete a background check
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Forklift Certification
- Aerial Lift Certification
- Rigging Experience
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: •Consistently be at work and on time •Good communications skills •Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations, including drug & alcohol testing policies •Be able to read, write, and speak English clearly •Stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and climb on a regular basis and be able to lift 50 pounds
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
0% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
0% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: Preferred: Forklift Certification, Aerial Lift Certification
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: Less than 2 years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 3+ Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.