Job Title: Office Administrator
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Location(s): New York City / Long Island City
Responsible for overall front office activities, including operating multiline telephone system to answer
incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel, sorting and distributing mail, invoicing office jobs
and providing administrative support to the office as required.
• Retrieves messages from voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate
personnel or department, or take message when staff are unavailable
• Assist with communications that are sent out to customers and deal with each client in a professional
manner regardless of the situation
• Inspect job files submitted as ready to bill by account managers and work with accounting to invoice the jobs, including via credit card and/or email
• Work with transportation to complete paperwork
• Answer cold calls on a rotational basis with other CSR’s and field questions as they come in
• Identify client’s needs and matching this with the appropriate level of service in addition to advising
clients on the range of services provided by Crozier
• Identify what resources are available both internally and externally to direct the customer’s requests in a timely, efficient and economical manner.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate
personnel, provide visitor access and issues passes when required
• In coordination with Storage Manager and/or Warehouse Manager, provides access to clients for
viewing room bookings
• Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications
• Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image
• Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout,
arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities
• Orders, receives and maintains office supplies; negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
• Oversees the purchasing of travel arrangements in form of flights, train tickets, rental cars, taxis, etc. for employees and clients as needed
• Performs other incidental and related duties, including assisting other departments with administrative tasks and special projects as required, filing, photocopying, and collating, and mailings and assigned
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
• Demonstrated working knowledge of administrative functions to include working knowledge of mail
processes such as postage machine, FedEx and UPS
• Strong organization skills
• Pleasant speaking voice; well-developed interpersonal and effective written communications skills
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
0% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
0% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: 1 - 3 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 1 - 3 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.