Technical Writer (NY/DC)
Job Title: Technical Writer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location(s): Washington, DC, New York City / Chelsea
The Technical Writer prepares documentation pertaining to the disassembly, rigging, and movement of museum artifacts.
- Collect data from multiple sources, including SME interviews, suppliers, and hands-on use of products.
- Integrate source data and writing clear, concise, and structured technical procedures using engineering inputs and manuals.
- Create detailed work plans, SOWs, SOPs, RFPs for the disassembly, rigging, and move of artifacts.
- Ongoing site visits
- This position translates material handling procedures into contract-compliant submittals;
- Bill of Lading for all shipments
- Site Specific Safety Plan by gallery
- Pre-Move Condition Assessments which includes existing condition photo or video.
- Product data sheets for all packing and shipping materials to be used on-site.
- Maintain strict adherence to contracted timetable.
- This role interfaces consistently with crew on site, Project Managers, Directors, C-Suite Executives and internal and external stakeholders.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of current, relevant experience in technical writing and editing
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills (a writing sample should be submitted upon request)
- Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Skilled at organizing and translating technical information into clear written documentation
- Experience working in a collaborative environment to create and edit documents
- Ability to work cross-functionally within all the organization.
- Knowledge of currently used technical language.
- MS Suite, Adobe, Smartsheets, Project Management Software
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
100% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
0% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: 4-Year College Degree
Minimum Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.