Assistant Warehouse Manager
Job Title: Assistant Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location(s): Newark / Irvine
The Assistant Warehouse Manager (Operations Supervisor) is responsible for all storage accounts, client services, operations and administration of a Newark facility under and at the direction of the Warehouse Manager. Additionally, this position will assist in managing an operations team, who thrive on exceeding Crozier’s clients’ expectations. The Assistant Warehouse Manager must be capable of stepping in and covering for the Warehouse Manager in their absence.
Ideal candidates for this position shall have the ability to organize, schedule, and plan daily activities, while building a highly motivated performance team and supporting operations staff with warehouse guidance and knowledge.
• Safety & Security – Responsible for the safety and security of clients, employees, and the art. Assists the Warehouse Manager with all issues relating to building security, fire prevention, CCTV, and burglar alarms. Acts as the second responder to any and all off-hour emergencies and second in the response central station call tree. Assists the Warehouse Manager with security, safety, and profitability of the facility.
• Staff – Assists with the responsibility for training, mentoring, coaching, developing and retaining facility staff. Helps ensure the facility is appropriately staffed at all times. Back up for the input and approval of payroll. In conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, supervises and assigns specific responsibilities to all warehouse personnel. Motivates, mentors, and empowers team to meet and exceed standards set. Effectively uses metrics to aid accountability and measure performance.
• Finance – Assists the Warehouse Manager with preparing activity reports and meeting monthly financial targets set by the company. Helps to prepare and monitor annual operation budget.
• Administration – Helps supply estimates and facility availability information to internal clients. Assists with the coordination activity logistics and handling strategies. Assists with the scheduling and coordination of third party vendors.
• Engineering/Facility – Supports the Warehouse Manager with the liaison with the Engineering team for all issues relating to building and equipment. Assist with the maintenance, general upkeep and appearance of facility.
• Client Services – Assumes role of secondary contact with clients and accounts, advises on innovative developments, and new business opportunities. Builds internal and external relationships while fostering collaboration.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience. 3 – 5 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong working knowledge of art logistics, including current packing, handling, storage, and transportation methods and materials/equipment
- Track record of excellent customer service
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
75% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
25% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.