Business Development Executive
Job Title: Business Development Executive
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location(s): New York City / Chelsea
The Business Development role is responsible for driving net new sales and revenue from prospective clients. Sells solutions through prospecting, networking and executing on marketing initiatives to increase Crozier’s footprint resulting in revenue growth and quota attainment.
A. Revenue Growth for Crozier through storage and service offerings.
- Responsible for revenue growth through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a solution proposal, pricing, profitability, liability, and SLA perspective for accounts to meet and exceed quota attainment.
- Responsible for identifying, selling and closing new areas of opportunity specifically in regards to storage.
- Position and illustrate alternative ways of creating the real value of Crozier’s total solution offerings for clients through assessing their problems or opportunities and highlighting Crozier’s areas of strength, competitive pricing, customer satisfaction and competitive advantages within net new accounts.
B. Pipeline Development:
- Continuously prospects to develop net new clients.
- Maintain a consistent ‘pipeline’ that enables meeting and exceeding quota attainment. Activities to support pipeline and account activity include, managing timely detailed responses to RFP’s, tracking activity in SFDC, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of Crozier’s offerings.
C. Industry Knowledge:
- Active within industry associations in the market to increase Crozier awareness, through attending tradeshows, industry events, and keeping current with market trends.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of client’s business trends, current macro and micro economic climate, and potential new business opportunities.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic sales process and solution selling.
- Must have the proven ability to translate the customer need(s) into solution requirements through creating powerful value propositions and negotiation skills.
- Have the ability to influence and negotiate through proven sales skills and needs identification by aligning unique insights to key customer priorities.
- Must exhibit excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Encompasses strong interpersonal, planning, analytical skills and business acumen for effective decision making.
- Candidates should be able to make business decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company.
- Ability to team effectively at all levels of Crozier and client personnel (to include c-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
- Possess a thorough understanding of strategic selling methodologies.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to meet or exceed quota targets.
- Has the ability to understand the specific market business challenges and can appropriately deliver value propositions that tie to the client’s needs.
Nature of Impact:
- Responsible for driving new business from prospective accounts and meeting and/or exceeding all sales quotas to achieve revenue goals.
- Ability to present to senior level management
- Excellent listening skills and negotiating skills
- Effective questioning techniques
- Proficient with oral and written communication
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: No specific physical requirements should be necessary.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
100% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
0% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: 4-Year College Degree
Minimum Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 7 – 10 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.