Job Title: Dock Coordinator
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Schedule: 8am-5pm M-F
The Dock Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, transport and movement in and out of our facilities.
- Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating, using appropriate techniques, materials and equipment
- Utilize facility resources to receive carriers and clients
- Store and pull artwork from various storage accounts, using proper technique, and transport throughout facility
- Proper completion of necessary paperwork and inventory management
- Proper client/vendor service and escort
- Familiar with use of storage equipment such as dollies, forklift, jbars, sculpture carts, a-frames and pallet jacks.
- Condition identification
- Occasionally assist on trucks locally as necessary
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art and/or design
- Ability to speak effectively to clients and coworkers
- Strong attention to detail, discretion, and follow-through
- Must be a team player, with the ability to follow directions and work collaboratively with others
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and able to utilize equipment
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: Lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
25% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
75% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: Less than 2 years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.