FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to the Senior General Manager, this role is responsible for the direct operational oversight of the designated Crozier warehouse. Role responsibilities include supervision of transportation, HR, real estate, art storage, crating /packing and client inventory services to ensure achievement of established operational and business plans.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a client-facing mentality and will be able to strategically organize, schedule, and plan daily activities, while building a highly motivated team. The General Manger will act as an ambassador to grow the business, culture and company standards.
- Operations: The General Manager assumes daily operation control of the warehouse. Each General Manger works on the formulation of Crozier’s local and regional-level operational strategies and business plans. In turn, translates key corporate strategic objectives, associated initiatives and targets down to the facility level by defining relevant operations and financial performance criteria and ensuring appropriate allocation of resources are realized. Uses their foresight and experience to contribute strategic advice to the Senior General Manager as required.
- Financial Management: Working closely with Crozier’s Director of Finance, responsible for meeting monthly financial targets and budgetary guidelines set by the company. Works with the Crozier finance team to prepare and monitor annual operation budgets. Responsible for meeting revenue and profitability objectives through the management of operations to maximize productivity, profitability, and effectiveness.
- Human Resources: Responsible for training, mentoring, coaching, developing and retaining facility staff, in liaison with the Crozier HR team. Manages team workload to ensure the facility is appropriately staffed at all times. Inputs and approves payroll. Continuously reviews areas of responsibility to increase productivity and improve efficiency. Keeps all commitments, operates with integrity, and promotes “open book” management style. Provides leadership to the team and sets a personal example for others to emulate. Manages, and evaluates employee performance against established objectives; coaches and assists the department managers to optimize their respective team performance.
- Client Accounts and Project Management: Works with the Director of Sales and Development to support the pre-sales process, assist in closing new opportunities and the onboarding of new client relationships. Supports Project Management and Account Management teams. Liaises closely with project management to ensure local teams are supported, resources shared, and insight is provided. Fosters and maintains client relationships and liaises with onsite clients to oversee account requirements and objectives. Directs workflow and ensures consistent delivery of excellent client service across all staff onsite.
- Works closely with the Director of Client Accounts to ensure “post sales” client requirements are met, clients are processed into the CRM, and profitability targets are realized. Supports the building and maintaining of relationships with key and prospective accounts through delivery of excellent client service and proactively resolves any obstacles that can compromise service delivery, maximizing revenue and profitability.
- Transportation / Fleet: Works in liaison with the Transportation team to oversee activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of local transportation services to optimize capacity. Working closely with the transportation and dispatch teams, ensures that effective fleet management is achieved by reducing downtime and managing maintenance costs.
- Safety / Security and Facility Management: Coordinates closely with the Senior General Manager; responsible for the safety and security of clients, employees, and custodial assets. Liaises with Sr GM for all issues relating to building security and fire prevention, CCTV, and burglar alarms. Acts as first responder to any and all off-hour emergencies. Responsible for security of the building, equipment, and grounds. Liaises with Director of Engineering on all issues relating to construction, leases, climate control and equipment. Responsible for maintenance, general upkeep and appearance of facility.
- General Business Administration: Supplies estimates and facility availability information to internal stakeholders. Coordinates activity logistics and handling strategies. Schedules and coordinates third-party vendors. Works closely across the General Management group to develop and introduce universal systems backed by the ‘Crozier Way’ handbook.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience. 7 – 10 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence people at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Superior client service skills: Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines in an environment with constantly changing priorities
- Performs effectively with a very high degree of autonomy, visibility and accountability, yet must be equally effective as a senior management team-player and possesses excellent planning and organizational abilities
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), Salesforce and Smartsheets
- Strong working knowledge of art logistics, including current packing, conservation, handling, storage, and transportation methods and materials/equipment
- Track record of delivering excellent customer service
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Three to four years of profit center responsibility
- Proven track record of managing Operational Health and Safety Protocols
- The ability to ‘act like an owner’ and drive a culture of responsibility and passion for the growth of the Crozier business
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: Ability to move, pack, unpack, lift artwork/property.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
75% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
25% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: 4-Year College Degree
Minimum Experience: 7 – 10 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 7 – 10 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.