Job Title: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Regional GM
Location(s): New York City / Long Island City
Schedule: M-F am 8:30am 5pm
Reports To: Regional General Manager
Location: Long Island City, NY
Schedule: 8:30am – 5:00pm
The Operations Manager is responsible for all storage accounts, client services, operations and administration of the Boston Office. Additionally, this position will manage an operations team, who thrive on exceeding Crozier’s client’s expectations.
Ideal candidates for this position have the ability to organize, schedule, and plan daily activities, while building a highly motivated performance team and supporting operations staff with warehouse guidance and knowledge.
- Safety & Security – responsible for the safety and security of clients, employees, and the art. Liaises with Head of Security for all issues relating to building security and fire prevention, CCTV, and burglar alarms. Acts as first responder to any and all off-hour emergencies and second in the respond central station call tree. Responsible for security and security of the building, equipment, and grounds.
- Staff – responsible for training, mentoring, coaching, developing and retaining all facility staff. Manage workload to ensure the facility is appropriately staffed at all times. Input and approve payroll. Continuously review areas of responsibility to increase productivity and improve efficiency. Keep all commitments, operate with integrity, and promote “open book” management style. Provide leadership to the team and set a personal example for others to emulate.
- Finance – responsible for meeting monthly financial targets set by the company. Prepare and monitor annual operation budget.
- Administration – supply estimates and facility availability information to internal clients. Coordinate activity logistics and handling strategies. Schedule and coordinate third party vendors.
- Engineering/Facility – acts as liaison with Engineering for all issues relating to building and equipment. Responsible for maintenance, general upkeep and appearance of facility.
- Client Services – assumes role of primary contact with clients and accounts, advises on innovative developments, and new business opportunities.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience. 3 -5 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong working knowledge of art logistics, including current packing, handling, storage, and transportation methods and materials/equipment
- Track record of excellent customer service
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
Physical Requirements and Qualifications
Physical Requirements: Physical Requirements: Ability to move, pack, unpack, lift artwork/property. Must use and/or operate equipment and tools in warehouse, (un)loading trucks, or onsite. Must be knowledgeable regarding all art handling procedures and equipment and have the ability to demonstrate proper technique as needed.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
90% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
10% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: N/A
Minimum Education: 2-Years College
Minimum Experience: 1 - 3 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 4 – 7 Years
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crozier may include other duties as assigned.
Crozier is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, sexual preference or handicap.